The Federal Reserve delivered a 75-basis point rate hike at its November meeting, as expected. But what’s next? That’s a little harder to decipher. In this episode of the Friday Gold Wrap podcast, host Mike Maharrey digs into the mixed messaging that came out of the Fed meeting and concludes the central bank’s monetary policy is “a wing and a prayer.” He also covers the recently released Q3 gold demand data.
- The Fed doesn’t seem to have a real plan
- Fed Chairman Jerome Powell’s mixed messages
- Market reaction to the Fed meeting
- A comparison of rate hikes before the 2008 financial crisis to today
- Third-quarter gold demand shows a healthy increase
- The October labor market report
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on SoundCloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews
Call 1-888-GOLD-160 and speak with a Precious Metals Specialist today!