Garbage in, garbage out. The phrase is usually associated with computers, but it also applies to the formulas used to generate government economic data. In this episode of the Friday Gold Wrap podcast, host Mike Maharrey goes over the January CPI and retail sales data with that phrase in mind.
- January CPI undercuts the disinflation narrative
- Market reaction to the CPI data
- More bad inflation news in PPI data
- Disinflation is transitory
- January retail sales blow past expectations
- The dark side of the retail sales report
- Why we should maintain a healthy skepticism when looking at all these numbers
The SchiffGold Friday Gold Wrap podcast combines a succinct summary of the week’s economic precious metals news coupled with thoughtful analysis. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts and other podcasting platforms. The links are below.
Tune in to the Friday Gold Wrap each week for a recap of the week’s economic and political news as it relates to gold and silver, along with some insightful commentary.
You Can Also Listen on SoundCloud
SchiffGold on Twitter: @SchiffGold
SchiffGold on Instagram: SchiffGoldNews
Call 1-888-GOLD-160 and speak with a Precious Metals Specialist today!